Remote Learning - Year 1
Welcome to Year 1!
Things are very different and difficult for everyone at the moment and we are incredibly proud of everything you are doing!
Mrs Lane and Mrs Wise have tried to mirror the learning which is taking place in school with our remote education. We have adapted certain activities to simplify them, so that they can be accessed by all children.
Remote learning is delivered through the Google Classroom and TEAMS apps, or through a paper pack if necessary. GC can be used for parents/carers to upload any of the children’s work in the form of photographs or google documents. Teachers will try to feedback on any work daily or weekly.
From 7pm the night before, activities for the next day will be released on GC for parents/carers to view/print work from. These activities will always include:
- daily Read Write Inc sessions. These sessions include new sounds, review previous sounds, finger spelling, reading and writing. There may be an online activity or extra video for fun!
- daily English sessions. These sessions include reading, writing and spelling opportunities. There may be drama tasks and links to other websites. We will follow the Talk4Writing planning that we use in school.
- daily mathematics sessions. These sessions will include recorded videos with Mrs Lane, talking through new skills or revising these. There will be an activity to complete.
- daily curriculum sessions. These sessions are science, RE, history, art and computing/ICT which you can dip in and out of.
- twice weekly live learning mornings with Mrs Lane, through TEAMS.
- twice daily live registration.
- weekly story time with Mrs Wise, Mrs Lane and Mr Penny.
- live and recorded PE sessions with Mr Coley.
- links to the Oxford Owl website so that parents can access eBooks which link to the RWI program.
- weekly DRET competitions.
Mrs Lane and Mrs Wise are always here to help you with your learning, whether you are at home or at school, and always look forward to our live lessons on Tuesday and Thursday.
We have added some links which will support you in your learning and we hope you find these useful.
Keep working hard, children, you are ALL amazing!
MATHS AND ENGLISH
Year 1 Weekly Timetable
Key for 'Live' Lessons
A= Live lesson - during which the teacher appears live to the pupils as they deliver input/explanation/feedback/story etc.
B= Interactive lesson - During which there is opportunity to the pupils to communicate with the teacher chat/email etc
C= Pre-recorded lesson - content of lesson is delivered via pre-recorded content. Pupils will be able to communicate with staff via Google Classroom
D= Hard copies of work sent home, supplementing this as needed.