Remote Learning - Reception
In Early Years, Mrs Evans and Miss Partridge have tried to mirror the learning which is taking place in school. We have adapted certain activities to simplify them, so that they can be accessed by all children.
Remote learning is delivered through the Tapestry App or through a paper pack if necessary. Tapestry can also be used for parents to upload any of their own observations and their child’s completed work and success. Teachers were feedback on anything that is uploaded by parents and where necessary next steps will be given by the teacher.
Before the start of each week activities will be released on Tapestry for parents to view. These activities will always include:
- An activity grid with 9 choices themed around the current topics for science, geography and history. The grid also includes music PSED, RE and fine motor sessions.
- Daily recorded, teacher lead Read Write Inc sessions. These sessions include new sounds, review previous sounds, finger spelling, reading and sentence writing.
- Daily mathematics session. These will include three recorded sessions for the children to engage with and two follow-up maths activities.
- A weekly number song for the children to join in with and learn.
- A piece of performance poetry or a rhyme for the children to enjoy and possibly perform themselves.
- Weekly story time with the class teacher and Mr Penny.
- Live and recorded PE sessions along with the Horizon Challenge cards.
- Links to the Oxford Owl so that parents can access eBooks which link to the RWI program.
- Links to Topmarks, Cbeebies and Numberblocks activities to assist with the learning of.
The children’s successes and efforts will be celebrated and shared each week during our Star of The Week assembly and the weekly newsletter.